Banana Bread Truffles
These are scrummy and easy to eat whenever and wherever; they allow for a creative touch which make them personalised and incising!
- 2 Cups Wholemeal Spelt Flour.
- 1 1⁄2 Tsp Baking Soda.
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder. 1⁄2 Tsp Salt.
- 1/2 Cup Organic Unrefined Coconut Sugar.
- 1/4 Cup Organic Agave Syrup.
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence. 1/4 Cup Rapeseed Oil.
- 4 Ripe Organic Bananas (mashed).
- 1/4 Cup Water. 7 Tbsp Water.
- 2 Tbsp Organic Chia Seeds.
- Mix the 7 Tbsp of water with the chia seeds in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining water, agave, oil and essence with a wooden spoon.
- Add the mashed banana, and mix together.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until wet and well combined.
- Add the chia seed mixture (it should now be glutinous and gel like).
- Mix with the wooden spoon, and pour into a greased loaf tin.
- Cook for 40 minutes on 180C.
- Leave to cool.
- Blitz the cooled cake into crumbs and add 180g of Vegan Cream Cheese.
- Mix until well combined and roll into small truffle sized balls.
- Refrigerate overnight and then coat with 100g of 70% Melted Dark Chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours and decorate.
Note: You can separate half the bread mixture and add a blueberry sauce made from 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries blitzed with 8 Soaked Dates and 1 Tsp Açai powder, until smooth, to half the bread mixture and swirl around into the other half of the mixture in the tin for a blueberry twist. Tip: when rolling the truffles feel free to add a teaspoon of your favourite sauce! I recommended vegan hazelnut chocolate spread, or vegan biscuit spread!