Free-from Banana Waffles
The title shouldn’t really be banana waffles. It should be crispy, soft, indulgent, delicious waffles (that just happen to be free from quite a lot of things including gluten, dairy, sugar, nuts, soya and yeast).
But that’s far too long for a title according to the recipe police and my own rules about title lengths!
- 220ml dairy-free milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 150g The Free From Fairy Free-from Wholegrain Plain Flour - £5.00
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 1 tsp unsweetened vanilla extract (I make my own with vanilla pods and vodka)
- 30g coconut oil, melted
- 1 medium banana, peeled and chopped into 4 pieces
- 1 medium pear, cored and chopped into 4 pieces
- a waffle maker
- Switch the waffle maker on. I put mine on the chocolate setting at darkness 7.
- Add the ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Once the waffle maker is ready, pour enough mixture in to just cover the grooves.
- Close the lid and wait until the waffle maker beeps. If you don't have a waffle makers that tells you when it is done, look at around 4-5 minutes, or cook until they reach your desired crispiness.
- Remove the cooked waffles and repeat with the remaining mixture.