Tangys Tasty Stir-fry
This is a unbelievably delicious and easy to follow recipe, for a quick lunch or dinner. When it comes to a stir-fry, preparation is key - so once you've got everything ready the actual cooking only takes a few minutes!
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil
- 2 large spring onions
- 2 large red chillies (remove seeds depending on how spicy you want it!)
- 4 cloves of garlic (or 1.5 tbsp garlic paste)
- 2-3" ginger (or 1.5 tbsp ginger paste)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 handful of tender-stem broccoli
- 2 handfuls beansprouts
- 2 handfuls of Chinese cabbage
- 2 whole chicken thighs meat (can be substituted with prawns, pork, beef or tofu)
- 1 tbsp Thai seven spice powder (if you can't find this use Chinese five spice)
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 beaten egg
- 2-3 handfuls of noodles of your choice
- 2 tbsp Tangys Tasty Stuff Tangys Tasty Red Sauce - £3.50 (try Tangys Sweet Green Sauce for a less fiery stir fry!)
For the top
- 2 tbsp crushed roasted nuts [optional]
- 2 tbsp crispy shallots
Pick your favourite noodles, or rice. 🍜🍚 I prefer egg noodles and you can buy them from the supermarket fresh or dried. If using dried noodles, put into bowl blanch in boiling water for a few minutes until soft, drain, return to bowl and coat with 1 tbsp of oil so they don't stick together and set aside.
Beat egg in a small bowl and wash all the veggies!
Slice the spring onions, including the green tops, the Chinese cabbage and red chillies (removing seeds if necessary). Grate the carrot and all the vegetables aside.
Mince garlic and ginger and set aside.
Slice the chicken thigh meat into small strips, about 1cm thick.
Heat your wok on high heat for a few minutes. Add your chosen oil and after a few seconds throw in all of the chicken. Cook for a few mins until the meat is sealed, then throw in all the spring onions, chilli, garlic and ginger stir constantly.
Add the Thai seven spice and then add all the vegetables stirring continuously. To this, add the soy sauce.
Add the egg stir for a few seconds then add the noodles and stir well to make sure everything's coated.
Turn off heat and add the Tangys Tasty Sauce of your choice and stir through. Top with the nuts, coriander and crispy shallots. Serve and eat while still piping hot!