about 1 hour
Breakfast, lunch or dinner. Serve with eggs, salad or a good guacamole. Suitable for freezing and can be made in advance.
- 500g sweetcorn (fresh, tinned or frozen is fine)
- 185g plain flour (can be substituted with gluten free alternative)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 125ml milk (or dairy free alternative)
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- Half a green chilli (finely chopped)
- Half a lime (juiced)
- 35g feta cheese (crumbed)
- 1 tbs coriander finely chopped
- Rapeseed oil (for frying)
How to make
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and make a well in the middle
- Add the eggs and half of the milk and beat until smooth. Then slowly add the remaining milk.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat and drop in 3 heaped tsps of batter (try to flatten if necessary).
- Cook for around 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.