9 African & Middle Eastern Spices
Each spice collection contains these 9 high quality African and Middle Eastern spices and spice blends:
• Fenugreek – with hints of toasted maple, this adds both sweet and delicately bitter notes to stews and curries. Common throughout kitchens of the Middle East and North Africa.
• Baharat – A rich, earthy Middle Eastern Spice mix combining allspice, black peppercorns, cardamon, cassia, cloves, coriander, cumin, nutmeg and paprika. Great to rub into meat as a marinade, especially lamb and chicken.
• Berbere – one of the building blocks of Ethiopian Cuisine, combining dried red chilli, garlic, ginger, basil, cumin, nigella, caraway and fenugreek. Gives an amazing kick to stews and as a meat rub.
• Ras el Hanout – a deep, warming spice mix used throughout North Africa, combining cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, turmeric and cardamon. Perfect to give depth to tagines.
• Sumac – a beautifully tangy, vibrant spice with amazingly fresh citrus notes. Very versatile, can be used to garnish salads, hummus, or as a rub for meat and works brilliantly with fish.
• Za'atar – the King of Middle Eastern spice mixes. A fragrant combination of oregano, marjarom, sumac, salt and sesame seeds.
• Harissa – a fiery North African chilli mix with dried red chilli, garlic, coriander, paprika and caraway. Great mixed with olive oil to make dressings for salads and couscous or as a marinade for meat.
• Pul Biber / Aleppo Pepper – grown in Syria and Turkey, these dried chilli flakes add a hint of cherry like fruitiness to dressings and marinades. Mild heat, slight saltiness.
• Urfa Biber – a dried Turkish pepper with a deep raisin, smokey flavour. Fantastic to rub into lamb or sprinkle over hummus.
Made withVarious dried herbs and spices
Storage / use by instructions
Store in a cool, dry place.
Please see Tabl's return policy.