Temple of Poseidon with Lunch Private Tour
This is a unique private tour at the must see Temple Of Poseidon at Cape Sounio! Enjoy the ride in your air-conditioned luxurious minivan toward the Attica Riviera. You will drive along the shore line and have wonderful views over the Saronic Gulf and the rugged cliffs, beaches and villages along the way.
After about 90 minutes, you will arrive in Cape Sounion and the magnificent ruins of the Temple of Poseidon, built by the ancient Greeks in 444 BC in honor of the god of the sea. Have a short walk to the temple, framed by the magnificent views of the endless blue of the Aegean Sea and the coastline. The Licensed English speaking guide will explain the templeâ€™s long history, the Myths around it and its huge importance as a place of worship and vantage point for the Greeks keen to control the shipping lanes to Athens.
After the Temple we will go at the small Village and have a traditional Greek lunch, away from the usual tourist spots! You will eat like a local at a great tavern!
- Lunch - After the Temple we will have lunch at a traditional Greek tavern and taste local food. Avoid the usual tourist restaurants and eat with the locals at a small village!
- Private transportation
- Transport by air-conditioned mini bus and driver
- English speaking licensed Guide
- Fuel surcharge
- Private tour
- Alcoholic Beverages - Available to purchase at lunch
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Sounion
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If itâ€™s canceled due to poor weather, youâ€™ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Prepare yourself for an exciting experience & bring along your camera so you can capture the best moments of your trip.
- The weather in Greece is mild and warm for most of the year. In case of rain, though, you will be timely notified about any changes to your scheduled tour.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event